Pesarattu is an authentic Andra dish, made of moong dal/ green gram dal. It is made like dosa/pancake and an excellent breakfast dish.
- Moong dal/ Green gram dal (1 cup)
- Green chillies (2)
- Ginger (2 inches)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil (1/2 tsp)
- Onion (1/2 cup, chopped)
- coriander leaves (chopped, to garnish)
- Rice flour (2 tbsp)
- Soak moong dal/green gram dal overnight in water.
- Chop 1 inch ginger and 1 green chilly finely and keep them aside.
- Add 1/2 cup water in the rice flour, mix to make a paste and keep it aside.
- Drain of the water from moong dal/green gram dal in the morning, and add 1 inch of ginger, 1 green chilly and blend them in a blender to make a smooth batter.
- Add salt as per taste
- Add the rice flour paste and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add 2 scoops of batter to make a pancake shape.
- Sprinkle some chopped green chillies and ginger on the pancake.
- Sprinkle about 2 tsp of chopped onion on the pancake and allow it to cook.
- When one side of the pasarattu is cooked, flip the other side and cook till the onion turns golden brown and sides of the pancake/pesarattu is cooked.
- Garnish the Pesarattu with chopped coriander leaves.