Today’s recipe is about Indian food cooked at home that has a traditional touch that has been passed on from generations and rich in nutrition.
I went to South India to capture these rare recipes that is getting extinct because of modern technologies.
Mrs. Nagaraj is a homemaker who belongs to Bhraman family in Tamil Nadu. Her mother (now 82 years old) has taught Mrs. Nagaraj how to cook Traditional South Indian Recipe in the simplest form retaining its nutritive value.
Below is the video that I have taken of her while she was cooking lunch for her family. Learn and enjoy!
- Raw banana/Plantain (1 medium size)
- oil (2tbsp)
- mustard (1tbsp)
- turmeric (1/2 tbsp)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Red chilly powder (1 tbsp)
- corn flour (1 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves chopped (1/2 cup)
- Remove the skin of raw banana and cut into small cubes.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. When it splutter, add turmeric powder and asafetida powder.
- Add the raw banana and fry it for 2 min. Add water and close the lid for 2-3 min.
- Remove the lid and add required salt , add 2 tbsp water and mix well. Add chilly powder and corn flour and sauté. Add oil (1 tbsp) to form crisp banana.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lime juice (1/2 tbsp).
- Raw banana roast taste best when served with steamed rice.
You might also like:
[get_posts category=”19″ numberposts=10]