Shankarpali is a traditional sweet dish made during the festival of diwali in India. It is very simple to make and very tasty preparation.
- Refined flour/Maida (2 & 1/2 cu)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Ghee (melted, 1/4 cup)
- Oil to fry
- In a bowl, mix milk and sugar till it dissolves. Add refined flour/maida and ghee in the mixture.
- Knead the mixture into a stiff dough.
- Make balls of the dough and flatten it thick.
- Cut it with a cutter or a knife into a diamond shape.
- Deep fry the diamonds till it turns light golden brown.
Crispy tasty Shankarpali is now ready to be served.