Tandoori chicken is the best know Indian delicacy and the tastiest way to barbecue chicken.
- Chicken(1/2 chicken with bones, cross cut)
- Ginger Garlic paste (4 & 1/2 tbsp)
- Lemon juice (4 tbsp)
- Hung Yoghurt(100 gms)
- Paprika powder (1 tbsp)
- Garam masala & cumin seeds powder combined (1 tbsp)
- Salt as per taste
To make Hung Yogurt
Tie the yoghurt in a cloth and hung it for about 10 minutes so that the water drains off it and we get a thick yoghurt.
To make first marinade for chicken
In the lemon juice, add half quantity of ginger garlic paste, salt, paprika powder and mix well.
To make the second marinade for chicken
In the hung yoghurt, add the remaining ginger garlic paste, garam masala & cumin seeds powder and mix well.
Marinating the chicken
- In a bowl, add the chicken, the first marinade and rub it well so that the marinade soaks into it.
- Keep it in the marination for 15 minutes.
- Add the second marinade into the chicken and mix well.
- Keep this chicken to be marinated for 4 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F for 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray and grill it at 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Remove after 10 minutes and turn the other side of the chicken and grill it for another 15 minutes.
- Juicy and delicious Tandoori Chicken is now ready to be served.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves, onion rings and lime slice.
It tastes best when served with Mint Chutney.