Another South Indian authentic recipe contributed by Vidya lakshimi.
- Seer Fish (1 Kg )
- Red Chilly Powder (5 to 8 Tbsp )
- Pepper Powder(1 Tbsp)
- Cumin Powder(1 Tbsp )
- Turmeric Powder(1 Tbsp )
- Tomato Ketchup(2 Tbsp )
- Vinegar(1/3 Cup )
- 1/2 Lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying.
- Wash & clean the fish. Squeeze lime juice and little salt on the fish and wash the fish twice again drain all the water pat dry with a kitchen towel and reserve in a plate. If you do not have fresh lime at home then wash fish with vinegar and salt this way of cleaning helps to remove any fish smell.
- In a bowl add the chilly powder, turmeric powder, ketchup, pepper powder, salt and mix with only vinegar do not add water. Instead of vinegar you can add tamarind water.
- Apply the masala paste on the fish cover and marinate for 3 hours for best result allow to marinate for 5 hours in the fridge.
- Get the fish to room temp before frying.
- Heat a tava or any iron skillet add 4 tbsp of oil and shallow fry the fish till both sides turn golden brown in color. while cooking cook the fish on low flame and flip the fish real gentle to turn sides and roast till well done.
- Garnish with lime wedges and mint and serve with radish chutney.
- Best served with hot sambar, rasam and steamed rice.
You might also like: