Vegetable pulao (Microwave recipe) is a delicious and aromatic pulao recipe made in just 15 minutes. It is easy and quick to make.
This recipe of Vegetable pulao is made in a microwave oven, saving you time in a busy day and enjoy delicious and tasty pulao.
- Long grain rice/Basmati rice (1 cup)
- Ginger garlic paste (1 & 1/2 tsp)
- Vegetables (Carrots, beans, cauliflower, 1 cup chopped)
- Turmeric powder (1/4 tsp)
- Chilly powder (1/4 tsp)
- Bay leaves (2)
- Cinamon stick (1 inch)
- Cloves (2)
- Green cardamom (2, skin pealed)
- Yogurt (1/4 cup)
- Black pepper corn (6)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Lime juice(1 tsp)
- Mint leaves ( chopped, 1 tbsp)
Wash and soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain away the water and keep it aside.
- In a microwave safe dish, add ginger garlic paste.
- Add vegetables of your choice.
- Add water (1/4 cup) and mix it well.
- Microwave it for 3 minutes on high powder.
- Remove the dish from the microwave. The vegetables are half cooked.
- Into it add the soaked rice and mix well.
- Add spices ie. turmeric powder, chilly powder, bay leaves, cinamon stick, cloves, green cardmaom along with the skn, yoghurt, black peppercorn & salt.
- Add water (1 & 1/2 cups) and mix all the ingredients well.
- Cover the bowl with a lid. Microwave it for 6 minutes on high powder.
- Remove the lid and add lime juice and mint leaves and mix gently with a fork.
- Cover the the bowl again and microwave for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, remove the pulao from the microwave and wait for 5 minutes before removing the lid.
Garnish it with some mint leaves.
Delicious and aromatic microwave vegetable pulao is now ready to be served.
Serve hot. Enjoy!