- drumstick (2 pieces)
- brinjal(cut in large pieces)
- oil (4 tbsp)
- mustard seeds (1 tbsp)
- methi seeds (1/2 tbsp)
- turmeric powder (1/2 tbsp)
- dried red chilly (1)
- tamrind (small lemon size)
- salt ( as per taste)
- asafetida powder (1/2 tbsp)
- curry leaves
- sambar masala (2 tbsp)
- jagarry (1 inch)
- coriander leaves
- tur dal (2 tbsp, boiled)
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, methi seeds, dried red chilly, turmeric powder.
- Add drumstick pieces, water and cook it for some time.
- Add brinjal once the drumstick cooks.
- Add water and boil the vegetables.
- Add tamarind water, required salt, asafetida powder, curry leaves, sambar masala, jagarry.
- Mix it well by adding some more water.
- Add coriander leaves, boiled and mashed tur dal.
Vendai kolambu (brinjal drumstick curry) is ready to be served with steamed rice.
You might also like: